Cedarhurst Expectations: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe, Be Successful
Know you by name, strength and need.
To create a safe and caring environment for self confident, independent learners succeeding academically and socially.
Cedarhurst scholars succeed every day!
- Model positive behavior and be an active leader of school culture.
- Treat myself, teachers, administrators, staff, other students, and property with respect.
- Take responsibility for my learning and behavior, and hold myself to high standards of achievement and conduct.
- Follow school and classroom expectations and rules.
- Come to school every day, on time, and ready to learn as a participating member of the school community.
- Listen to requests from school staff.
- Participate in problem solving of individual and school concerns.
- Report serious violations of safety and security to a teacher or other adult at school.
- Practice self discipline.
- Stand up for myself others.
- Be successful!
- Consequences for Behavior on a Referral
- Dress for Success
- Items not allowed at Cedarhurst for students:
- Responses to NOT being respectful, responsible, safe and successful:
- Bear Bucks & Paw Pride
Types of Behaviors
- Disruptive/Unsafe activity
- Inappropriate dress
- Inappropriate Contact/Language
- Inciting aggression
- Interference w/authority
- Misuse of technology
- Defacing/Destroying Property
- Parent phone call
- Parent phone call
- Non-participation in activities
- Parent conference
- Non-participation in activities (ongoing)
The following could result in suspension or more, to address the safety of the school: Possession of alcohol, drugs, weapons, tobacco, vapes and explosives. Arson/Burning.
Our goal is zero suspensions.
- Tank Tops with spaghetti straps
- Flip flops or shoes without backs
- Electronics or cell phones
- Sports equipment
- Halter tops
- Clothing disruptive to the learning environment
Hats/hoods/do rags/bandanas may not be worn in the building, unless for religious or verified medical purposes.
Cedarhurst Elementary School will not pay for lost or stolen personal possessions of students, such as toys, watches, musical instruments, electronics, cell phones, etc. We will not disrupt classroom learning to search for toys.
As you demonstrate Cedarhurst expectations, you will earn Bear Bucks to spend in our store!
- Coloring books
- Otter pops
- Plush animals
- Cedarhurst Gear
- Breakfast with Principal or Assistant Principal
- Friday drawings!
As your class demonstrates Cedarhurst expectations, you will earn Paw Prides. Paw Prides can be earned daily.
- Morning Assembly
- Short recess line up
- Lunch recess line up
- Hallway transitions
Meet your class goal to earn the Friday Gym Bonanza!